Logo for the Churches in the Benefice of Milton Ernest, Pavenham and Thurleigh
Home Page Main Menu - from here you can navigate the whole site. How to contact us
PREVIOUS VICARS IN THESE PARISHES:
[page last updated 12/8/13]
ALL SAINTS'
MILTON ERNEST
St PETER'S
THURLEIGH
St PETER'S
PAVENHAM
The Benefice of Milton Ernest, Pavenham and Thurleigh
(from 1998 to current time)

From 1/10/2013 there will be a vacancy until a new priest is appointed.
Elizabeth F Inall (2009 - 2013)   [P in C]
Ian M McIntosh (2006 - 2008)   [Hon Cur]
Ian M McIntosh (2002 - 2006)   [Ass Cur]
Nicola A McIntosh (2002 - 2008)
Victoria E Raymer (1998 - 2001)
The Benefice of Milton Ernest and Thurleigh
(from 1954 to 1998)

Chris W Gonin (1992 - 1997)
Andrew Peter Mottram (1984 - 1991)
David J Rees (1981 - 1984)
J L P Griffiths (1979 - 1980)   [Ass Cur]
Harold Desmond Jones (1964 - 1980)
James Alfred Prince Daniels (1959 - 1964)
(St Peter's Thurleigh re-opened, chancel only, in 1959 after restoration work.)
John Leslie Turney (1954 - 1959)
The Benefice of Odell and Pavenham
(from 1988 to 1998)

J Trevor Lightowler (1988 - 1997)
Dennis R Bannard-Smith (1988 - 1992) [NSM]

The Parish of Pavenham
(from 1859 to 1988)


Howard W Bracewell (1986- 1988)
Dennis R Bannard-Smith (1983 - 1988) [NSM]
Anthony Martin G Wells (1982 - 1986)
Anthony Martin G Wells (1978 - 1982)   [P in C]
David James Payne (1973 - 1978)
John Bardsley (1962 - 1973?)
Frederick James Barwood (1954 - 1962?)
Albert Lewis Martin (1938 - 1954?)
William Higgins (1931 - 1938?)
Leslie St Aubrey (1927 - 1931?)
Robert Henry Keeble (1919 - 1927?)
John Edward Linnell (1882 - 1919)
Theodore Percival Wilson (1874 - 1881)
Stopford James Ram (1859 - 1874?) [Perp Cur]

Parochial Chapel of Pavenham
attached to Felmersham
(to 1858)

(until November 1858 St Peter's Pavenham was a chapel of ease attached to the Felmersham parish and would have had a curate, but not its own Vicar, Perpetual Curate or Rector)


Nicholas Craven - curate (c1620 - 1626)
Robert Moody - curate (1539 - ?)
The Parish of Milton Ernest
(to 1954)

Alfred Reginald Ennis (1949 - 1954?)
William Morgan (1946 - 1949?)
John Thomas Ingram Bryan (1935 - 1946?)
Ernest Lewin Holmes (1896 - 1935?)
John James Burton (1891 - 1896?)
Edward Sutton-Dodd (1881 - 1891?)
Henry Fuller (1880 - 1881?)
Charles Colyear Beatty-Pownall (1835 - 1880?)
Henry Foulis (1834 - 1835?)
Christopher Whichcote (1832 - 1834?)
Charles Turner (1825 - 1832?)
George Turner (1783 - 1825?)
William Holmes (1775 - 1783?)
Thomas Backhouse - Deacon (1749 - ?)
George Backhouse (1738 - 1775?)
Stephen Rolt (1723 - 1738?)
The Parish of Thurleigh
(to 1954)

From 1949 to 1954 the Parish was temporarily
in the care of: William G Branch
who was Rector of Bletsoe (1945 - 1954).
(St Peter's remained closed. Restoration plans
were begun in 1948 and actual work carried out
to the chancel 1956-1959.)


Alfred William Garfield Edwards (1932 - 1948)
(St Peter's Church was closed in 1945 as the building was considered unsafe.)

Charles Hemsley (1917 - 1932?)
Robert Orr (1900 - 1917?)
Benjamin Trapp (1838 - 1900)
John Brereton (1833 - 1838?)
Robert Moore (1801 - 1833?)
Earlier information is available from boards in All Saints' Church, Milton Ernest, and on the Thurleigh Village website (see Links page). If you can resolve any omissions or errors then please let the webmaster know.
KEY:
[P in C]=Priest in Charge, equiv to a Vicar; [Ass Cur]=Assistant Curate; [Hon Cur]=Honorary Curate; [NSM]=Non-Stipendiary Minister.
[Perp Cur]=Perpetual Curate, equiv to a Vicar. Otherwise all those listed were a Vicar, or possibly Rector.